5 Things Google Says You Can Do To Show up on Google.com
USA Today recently took a play from the Reachd Playbook and interview the head of web spam at Google, Matt Cutts, to find out what you can do to get your website to appear higher in the search engine results pages. Read the USA Today article here and the Reachd interview with Matt here
Matt mentioned 5 things you can do.
1. Spotlight your search term. What would people search for on Google to find your business or product? It is important in this step to think like a customer. Get into their head - often times people search in a very unique way.
2. Fill in Your Tags - Your 2 most important tags for the search engines are you Title tag and your meta description
3. Get other sits to link to you. - This one is extremely important. A good place to start is with directory submissions. Go here first http://www.dmoz.org. They are tons of directories to submit to - so are good, some not so good.
4. Creat a Blog and Post Often - If you are just getting started blogging, consider using Wordpress.org it is the best platform for SEO. If you have and Ubertor site, your blog is built in to your website.
5. Register for free tools - Google.com/webmasters/tools is a must if you are committed to search engine optimization. Some would refer to this as an "Advanced" item - in my book it is critical.
Learn more about SEO / Video / Blogging / Google Adwords and Social Media http://www.reachd.com/training